- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/2 cup sherry or dry white wine
- 2 chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio or other short grain rice
- 4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1/2 pound scallops
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 12 clams
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut in strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Lemon wedges
- Chopped parsley
Combine saffron and sherry in a glass bowl; let stand 30 minutes.
In a large nonstick skillet, sauté chicken in olive oil until cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add onion and garlic to pan; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add rice; stir to coat rice and cook 2 minutes. Add the sherry and saffron. Cook and stir until the liquid is absorbed.
Add 1/2 cup chicken stock; heat to a simmer. Stir frequently until moisture is absorbed. Repeat this step until 3 1/2 cups of stock have been added and rice is almost tender.
Add remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock. Add scallops, shrimp and clams. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until shrimp, clams and scallops are cooked. Add the chicken, red peppers, tomatoes and peas; cook 5 minutes or until heated through. Allow to stand a few minutes before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Copyright ©2011 thom LaRussa Photography. All rights reserved.
Created and maintained by HybridWeb, Inc.